It can be traced back through time to the period of our earliest ancestors and this 100,000 year old practice is seeing a resurgence. Shamanism allows us to access a state of awareness in which we can feel and be informed by Spirit and perceive the interconnection with each other and the greater universe. Shamanism re-
For many the Shamanic journey brings about a sense of joy – the joy of coming home. It offers a body of practical methods which enable us to connect with and thereby express our own spirit. We can rediscover our own spiritual authority; through communing with ancestral spirit teachers in non-
“We live in times of challenge and change within ourselves, our families, our aspirations, local issues and global problems. Many of us struggle to make sense of these challenges and in that struggle find ourselves pushed towards an exploration of our ‘Spiritual side’ knowing intuitively that in this exploration we may receive guidance and answers to questions that we carry. But where do we start?”
The aim in this workshop is to offer an introduction to the Shamanic Journey; exploring with safety and support. We will work with the drum, our voices, modern technology and various movement techniques to experience leaving this ordinary reality, journeying to non-
The workshop will introduce you to:
- The history of Shamanism of this land, and continuing evolution.
- The cosmic geography of the Shamanic world, the Dreamworld/Otherworld:
- Our ‘departure point’, some call the Axis Mundi
- Framing your intention- stilling the mind to be ‘hollow bone’.
- The Shamanic Journey – an embodied experience
- Meeting power animals, plants and kin
- Understanding ecstatic states
- Journeying for self and for others. Connecting to the ‘Universal Shamanic web of life’ within everyone.
- Confidence in ceremony.
Once you have experienced ‘journeying’ you may see how it might be applied to your life; supporting good health, connecting to nature and the balance within our planet. This will not make you into a ‘Shaman’, but give you an introduction to a beautiful and sometimes challenging practice. In the longer term, there will be further opportunities to develop and deepen within the work.
‘Shamanism goes far beyond a primary self-
Non Residential Weekend Workshops;
- 21/22 September 2019 Abergavenny and Woodland – £195
- 14/15 March 2020 Abergavenny and Woodland – £195
All information copyright ©Maxine Smillie 2019