Shamanism is a time-
For many the Shamanic journey brings about a sense of joy – the joy of coming home. It offers a body of practical methods which enable us to connect with and thereby express our own spirit. We can rediscover our own spiritual authority; through communing with ancestral spirit teachers in non-
- 4/5 November 2017: Ebbw Vale: Two day course £160
- 17/18 March 2018: Abergavenny and woodland: Two day course £160
- 2/3 June 2018: Abergavenny and woodland: Two day course £160
“We live in times of challenge and change within ourselves, our families, our aspirations, local issues and global problems. Many of us struggle to make sense of these challenges and in that struggle find ourselves pushed towards an exploration of our ‘Spiritual side’ knowing intuitively that in this exploration we may receive guidance and answers to questions that we carry. But where do we start?”
The aim in this workshop is to offer an introduction to the Shamanic Journey; exploring with safety and support. We will work with the drum, our voices, modern technology and various movement techniques to experience leaving this ordinary reality, journeying to non-
The workshop will introduce you to:
- The history of Shamanism of this land.
- The cosmic geography of the Shamanic world, the Dreamworld/Otherworld: Our ‘departure point’.
- The Axis Mundi
- Framing your intention- stilling the mind to be ‘hollow bone’.
- The Shamanic Journey – an embodied experience
- Meeting power animals and kin
- Journeying for self and for others. Connecting to the ‘Universal Shaman’ within everyone.
- Confidence in ceremony.
Once you have experienced ‘journeying’ you may see how it might be applied to your life; supporting good health, connecting to nature and the balance within our planet. In the longer term there will be further opportunities to develop and deepen within the work.
‘Shamanism goes far beyond a primary self-
Dr Michael Harner (Way of the Shaman 1980)